Unleash shackles on Import of Remanufactured Capital Goods
Jayakrishnan, The Hindu Business Line, 5-Sep-'07
- Renault, Fiat Chrysler in tie-up talks May 26, 2019French and Italian-US auto giants Renault and Fiat Chrysler are set to announce talks on an alliance, with a view to a potential merger. Such an alliance would be the world's biggest with estimated total production of some 16 million vehicles. Renault's current major partnership is with Japan's Nissan, in which it holds 43 per […]
- Spicejet adds 100th plane to fleet, 4th domestic airline to do so May 26, 2019SpiceJet is the fourth domestic airline to achieve the feat after national carrier Air India, now defunct Jet Airways and rival IndiGo. Eight domestic carriers - Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet, GoAir, Air India Express, Vistara, AirAsia and Alliance together have 595 planes in their fleet at the moment.
- Trump urges greater Japanese investment in US, knocks trade advantage May 25, 2019US President Donald Trump urged Japanese business leaders on Saturday to increase their investment in the United States while gently knocking Japan for having a "substantial edge" on trade that negotiators were trying to even out in a bilateral deal. Trump told the business leaders that there had never been a better time to invest […]
- Japan: Bullet train hits record speed in test run May 25, 2019The N700s, the suffix stands for ‘supreme’,is the first new model of bullet train on Japan’s busiest line for almost a decade. The train is lighter and uses less energy than current designs, as well as boasting additional safety features in case of earthquakes. The train will enter service ahead of Tokyo Olympics and hit […]
- Facebook plans cryptocurrency launch in 2020 May 25, 2019Facebook’s currency would be "stablecoin", a digital unit pegged to the dollar in contrast to more anarchic means of virtual payment such as bitcoin, according to earlier reporting by Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal among others. With more than two billion users, Facebook could have the clout to take cryptocurrency mainstream and emulate the […]
- On anvil: Rs 30 lakh crore transport boost May 25, 2019The Narendra Modi government is likely to allocate nearly Rs 30-lakh-crore investment in transport sector in the next five years, which is nearly a third of the Rs 100-lakh-crore investment push for the infrastructure sector to boost economic growth and job creation.
- No GST at duty-free shops: HC May 25, 2019Multiple court rulings on payment of goods and services tax (GST) at duty-free shops are making life confusing for those buying perfumes and chocolates from these stores. A recent Allahabad high court judgment may, however, provide some relief with the court ruling that there shall be no tax levied in case of purchases made at […]
- RBI steps in to shield NBFC depositors May 24, 2019RBI on Friday notified a draft liquidity risk management framework for NBFCs to protect the interest of lenders and depositors of non-bank finance companies. In its move, the apex bank plans to get large NBFCs to invest in government bonds or deposits to ensure that they have enough to make repayments for one month if […]