Unleash shackles on Import of Remanufactured Capital Goods
Jayakrishnan, The Hindu Business Line, 5-Sep-'07
- Industrial output contracts for 3rd month in a row December 12, 2019Industrial output contracted for the third successive month in October, dragged down by a sluggish manufacturing sector, while retail inflation soared to a near three-and-a-half year high in November on the back of double-digit food inflation, largely led by vegetable prices.
- Trump tweets 'very close' to China trade deal December 12, 2019US President Donald Trump on Thursday tweeted that the United States is "VERY close" to a trade deal with China, days before new tariffs are due to take effect. The two largest economies in the world are locked in a wide-ranging trade war but negotiators have been working to reach at least a partial resolution […]
- Double digit growth in domestic flyers in November December 12, 2019ndia saw the first double digit growth in domestic air travellers this year with almost 1.3 crore flyers in November, up 11.2% from 1.16 crore in same month of 2018.
- Infosys faces another lawsuit in US December 12, 2019US-based Schall Law Firm has said it will file a class action lawsuit against Infosys Ltd to recover losses suffered by investors in the wake of allegations of "unethical practices" at the Indian IT major.
- Govt to sell 100% stake in Air India, says Puri December 12, 2019The government has decided to sell its entire 100 per cent stake in Air India under the proposed disinvestment process, Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri said on Thursday. The national carrier, which has a debt burden of more than Rs 50,000 crore, has been making loss for long and as part of revival efforts, the […]
- Saudi Aramco's market valuation hits $2 tn-mark December 12, 2019Saudi Aramco's shares opened up 10% in their second trading session on Thursday, briefly sending the state-owned oil company's market value above the $2 trillion target sought by Saudi leader Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- When boss turned Santa: US co gives £8m bonus December 12, 2019The owner of a Maryland-based company left his 200 employees shocked by announcing £8 million Christmas bonus. Each employee was given a red envelope at the Christmas dinner, which contained roughly £38,000 (around Rs 35 lakh) each. Founder-chairman Edward St John, 81, said the company wanted to reward the employees in a big way who […]
- Anand Mahindra discloses M&M's big mistake December 12, 2019Anand Mahindra, the chairman of the homegrown auto group Mahindra & Mahindra, on Wednesday admitted that entering the commuter bike segment more than a decade ago was a failure on the part of the group.