Unleash shackles on Import of Remanufactured Capital Goods
Jayakrishnan, The Hindu Business Line, 5-Sep-'07
- Exports dip 9.71% after gap of eight months July 15, 2019India's exports have entered negative zone after a gap of eight months recording a decline of 9.71 per cent to $25.01 billion in June, according to the government data. Imports also declined 9 per cent to $40.29 billion in June mainly due to falling prices of petroleum products, leaving a trade deficit of $15.28 billion.
- Licence suspension to sacking: Air India captains face DGCA heat July 15, 2019Directorate General of Civil Aviation today acted against Air India pilot for trying to fly in the cockpit of a full flight, not as crew member but as a traveller, in a tipsy condition; While, another AI pilot had his flying license suspended for six months for reportedly asking his flight purser to rinse his […]
- Govt plans public WiFi interoperability July 15, 2019The government is planning to allow interoperability of public WiFi that will enable users to login for the facility once and stay connected with the wireless internet service across the country without any need for refilling entire details again on their mobile devices. The proposal is likely to come up under consideration of inter-ministerial panel […]
- Will tax on rich hit foreign investment inflows? July 15, 2019There are about 9,400 foreign portfolio investors registered in India, largely from tax domiciles in the United States, Mauritius, Ireland, Luxembourg, Singapore and the United Kingdom, who have invested nearly $50 billion in Indian equity, debt and hybrid instrument markets. Tax experts say 30-40% of them, registered as trusts, could be affected by the new […]
- India's biz sentiment in June lowest since '16: Survey July 15, 2019A survey by market research firm IHS Markit calculated India's business sentiment in June to be the lowest level since 2016. The aggregate of private-sector companies forecasting output growth during 2019 fell to +15% in June from +18% in Feb. Slowing economic growth, water shortage and regulatory hurdles were seen as key factors contributing to […]
- WPI inflation eases to 2 yr low at 2.02% in June July 15, 2019Wholesale price-based inflation declined for the second consecutive month to its 23-month low of 2.02 per cent in June, helped by decline in prices of vegetables as well as fuel and power items, according to official data released on Monday.
- DHFL tanks 30% amid Q4 loss, doubts over survival July 15, 2019Shares of troubled housing finance provider Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFL) fell more than 30 per cent on Monday after the company admitted to irregularities in recognising some income and in failure to monitor end use of some other loans.
- China's economy grew at slowest pace in 27 years July 15, 2019China's economic growth slowed to 6.2% in the second quarter from a year earlier, the weakest in at least 27 years, as demand at home and abroad faltered. China's trading partners and financial markets are closely watching the health of the world's second-largest economy as the Sino-US trade war gets longer and costlier, fuelling worries […]