Corporate Law Group has represented various major utility companies, lenders and a broad array of other participants in very complex and large energy project financing transactions. Our experience addresses the full range of issues encountered in development and financing of a project including preparing Tender Documents, negotiating and drafting Power Purchase Agreements, concession Agreements, Engineering Procurement Agreements (EPC), Fuel Supply Agreements, Operation and Maintenance Contracts (O&M), Loan A and Loan B Agreements and other Equity and Debt Financing Agreements, Escrow Agreements, Sovereign Guarantee Agreements as well Regulatory compliance and Government Clearances, Affiliate Transactions and Environmental Clearances.
The Indian power-sector is evolving rapidly. There have been major changes in the power sector pursuant to the Electricity Act, 2003, has thrown open the power sector to private sector participation in many areas, namely generation, transmission, distribution, trading.
CLG advises power-sector clients on the sector-specific legal and regulatory aspects and applicable policy issues. We represent many power-sector clients and advise them on various aspects of applicable policy.
Some power projects that involved us
Bangalore International Airport (Greenfield) project: – Opinion and negotiation on the Concession Agreement signed between BIAL (SPV) and the Government of India.
- Hyderabad International Airport (Greenfield) project (HIAL): –
- Legal opinion on Environmental Clearance of the Hyderabad Airport project pursuant to Supreme Court judgments.
- Drafting Corporate Agreements and opinions relating to HIAL.
- Opinion on the procedures and legal issues pertaining to for appointing Managing Director and for seeking other approvals.
Roads and Highway Infrastructure
• Tambaram Trindivanum Expressways Road Project, GMR Group
• Vetting Project Agreements
• Legal Risk Analysis
• Trigger Events’ Analysis of the Concession Agreement, EPC and O&M Agreement.
• Metro Rail Projects
• Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited
• Vetting Agreements
• Rendering Legal Opinions
• Contesting Commercial Litigation Matters
A US MNC hired us between 2007 and 2011 to represent their case to the Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Heavy Industry, PMO and DGFT to allow remanufactured goods to be imported in to the country. In 2011, despite WTO ramifications, a specific amendment was made to the EXIM Policy to allow OEMs to import remanufactured products.