Unleash shackles on Import of Remanufactured Capital Goods
Jayakrishnan, The Hindu Business Line, 5-Sep-'07
- What Air India chief said on crew's tiffin fight June 19, 2019Air India chairman Ashwani Lohani said: “This nonsense has to stop and will stop", taking a very strict view of the fight between a pilot and a flight purser on Bengaluru-Kolkata flight who have been summoned to Delhi HQ on Thursday for questioning. TOI reported on Wednesday how a captain and a crew member fought […]
- Facebook plans fin system based on cryptocurrency June 19, 2019Facebook has been secretly working on an alternative financial system for more than a year which relies on a cryptocurrency called Libra. It could face immediate scepticism from people who question the usefulness of it and others who are wary of the power already accumulated by the Mark Zuckerberg-led social media company. FB hopes to […]
- ED may summon Naresh Goyal in Jet privilege case June 19, 2019Jet Airways incorporated Jet Privilege Pvt Ltd (JPPL) as a wholly owned unit in 2012. After Etihad bought a 50.1% stake, it was hived off as an independent entity. Jet Airways holds the remaining 49.9%. In May, the ED called senior executives of the airline to question about the $150 million stake sale in JPPL. […]
- Don’t share our goods with Huawei: US to Indian cos June 19, 2019The May 27 letter, sent to the ministry of external affairs, is being seen as part of US efforts to intensify pressure on India to act against the Chinese company. The US has warned the Indian government that companies found supplying equipment or other products of American origin to Huawei or its units could face […]
- Frauds prompt govt to act tough on errant exporters June 18, 2019The government has decided to crack down on errant exporters who it suspects have been showing inflated exports and low income, as well as those who have been claiming fraudulent integrated GST (IGST) refunds.
- Anil Ambani may be out of billionaire club June 18, 2019At Tuesday’s close of trading on Dalal Street, the combined market capitalisation of all of Anil Ambani-controlled Reliance Group companies was nearly Rs 5,400 crore, or about $773 million. Anil Ambani holds less than 75% stake in each of the six companies in his group. Younger of the two Ambani brothers, Anil's worth much less […]
- Bill to lift green card cap amended for US workers June 18, 2019The US issues 1.40 lakh employment-based green cards annually but not more than 7% can go to nationals of any one country. With a high influx of the Indians in the US, it has resulted in a heavy backlog. Now the bill called 'The Fairness for High Skilled Immigrants Act (S.386)', has been amended to […]
- India fifth largest market for flexi-staffing: ISF June 18, 2019India has emerged as the the fifth largest country in flexi-staffing globally, said Indian Staffing Federation (ISF), the apex body of India’s flexi staffing industry.